Thursday 7 August 2014

My First Million

I didn't even realise BigCat had passed the million mark if it hadn't been noticed by Annie who blogged about it and Rocky ... heh, thanks for the mention guys.

I wasn't really going to make a big deal about it, but I really should thank them, and all of my regular readers, for still reading my nonsense, especially those who regularly drop by even when I hardly write anymore.

This blog really started with the little posting that practically told CM Lim "I know what you said in Singapore last summer" and with Ai's brand of quirky, semi-personal public airings and rantings, it grew in prominence, gaining followers and haters alike.

I officially took over fully in March last year, at the height of the Lahad Datu crisis, simply because Ai had other things to do, and there was no one else to carry the momentum so near to the General Elections.

I am no writer and not really into politics, as my education background is mathematics and economics.  Not even a member of any political party.  It was rather tough to continue the excellent work started by Ai.

The good thing is I never really pay much attention to the blog stats (it isn't really statistics in the true sense of the word), heh ... ironic, considering I am a statistician by training; it helped me to be focused on the writing as opposed to worrying about the numbers.

I was never paid by anyone to blog, despite many accusations that alluded to my being a paid Umno blogger.

I wasn't writing much after GE13 because I was actually bereft of ideas as well as the fact that I found all the post-election posturing almost too much to stomach and had to keep the bills down.

I wouldn't mind being paid to blog, actually, as bandwidth and electricity cost money, but I would never allow my thoughts and opinions to be bought, hence BigCat remains independent under my watch.

So again, thanks for reading and have a nice day.


3 comments:

  1. Congratulation anyway , keep on the semangat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RE: "I am no writer and not really into politics, as my education background is mathematics and economics. Not even a member of any political party."

    From one mathematician to another:

    “I do not know what I may appear to the world, but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me.”
    ― Isaac Newton

    ReplyDelete