Sunday 29 January 2012

A prayer for a dear friend

Dear friend,
I've never met you, don't know what you look like, don't even know your name.
Likewise, you do not even know of my existence.

But still, to me, you are a dear friend.
You was there when I was not around...when I should be there during those dark days many years ago.
Thank you dear friend,

At this moment, I'm in this room praying to Allah for your health to be restored.
I dreamt of you in my nap just now.
Woke up crying.

How I wish I could be there with the other, caring for you.
But I know I can't and never will be able to.

Nonetheless,
I pray that you continue to be strong.
I pray the same for your good family too.

Dear friend, you are an angel.
Allah loves you and will keep you safe.
Of that I am certain.

Do rest well and take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment