As preparations for the coming general election are now entering the last lap, Johor Umno are in the process of vetting their list of potential candidates.
I was made to understand that a lot of new faces will be introduced based on the need for winnable candidates to represent the party.
The big question now is, who among the current Johor Umno wakil rakyat will make way for the fresh faces.
Who among these wakil rakyat are willing to give way for the sake of Umno and Johor's future?
Who among them will be willing to not only give way but help the new Umno candidate to retain the constituency? Are they willing to let go of their seat without causing problems to the party?
These are questions which need to be considered by Johor Umno chief Datuk Abdul Ghani Othman before making the necessary recommendations to party president DS Najib Razak.
My personal opinion on who among Johor Umno wakil rakyat who should gracefully give way to new candidates are as follows -
1. Buloh Kasap (Segamat) - Osman Jais. He has been there forever and rakyat in Segamat were said to be getting tired of him.
2. Sekijang (Sekijang) - Baharum Mohamed. Said to be spending more time in public conflict with his division deputy than looking after the interest of his constituents.
3. Bukit Serampang (Pagoh) - Tahir Taat. Should consider making way for a younger, more energetic candidate.
4. Serom (Ledang) - Abdul Ghani Othman. He wants to retire peacefully...but I heard the PM has other plans for him..
5. Bukit Naning (Bakri) - Abdullah Ali. His performance is simply not up to expectation.
6. Sungai Balang (Muar) - Robiah Kosai. Not a winnable candidate. Sure kalah if fielded again.
7. Semerah (Parit Sulong) - Ariss Shamsuddin. Failed to add value to his constituency. I had to google to get his full name.
8. Sri Gading (Sri Gading) - Mohammad Aziz. Errr....how many terms already aaaa? Lost count leh.
9. Senggarang (Batu Pahat) - Jaafar Hashim. Not performing. Promises not delivered.
10. Layang-Layang (Simpang Renggam) - Onn Mohd Yassin. Also failed to add value to his constituency. I don't even know what he looks like.
11. Kukup (Tanjung Piai) - Md Othman Yusof. A good businessman but a poor leader in politics.
12. Bukit Permai (Kulai) - Kamaruzaman Ali. No charisma and not performing as a wakil rakyat. Simply cannot handle the Kulai division warlords.
13. Nusajaya (Gelang Patah) - Aziz Sapian. Not good in handling issues of his constituency. Too confrontational.
14. Kempas (Pulai) - Osman Sapian. He is under too much pressure from within his own Pulai division.
15. Johor Bahru (Johor Bahru) - Shahrir Samad - Like Ghani, he wants to retire peacefully (but I don't think there is anyone to replace him in JB for now).
16. Endau (Mersing) - Zainal Abidin Osman. Has been a wakil rakyat for too long and need to give way to new face.
17. Kota Tinggi (Kota Tinggi) - Syed Hamid Albar. Been around too long. Should play the role of mentor to younger leaders.
18, 19, 20. (Pengerang) - Azalina Othman of Pengerang, Hamimah Mansor of Penawar, and Harun Abdullah of Tanjong Surat. All three should be replaced. They can't seem to work together as a team. For the interest of Johor Umno, Pengerang constituents and divisional unity, a new united team should helm Pengerang.