Tuesday 30 October 2012

All the best Tuan Syed

Datuk Syed Nadzri Syed Harun, the outgoing NST group editor had just gave his final speech to members of the newspaper's editorial staff. Today is his last day after 33 years at the newspaper.


In his speech, Syed advised the NST people to be focused on their job and avoid the destructive practice of office politics. He called on them to be united in facing the challenges which beset the once mighty NST.

As for his future, Syed said he will not be retiring per se as he will be engaged with other occupations.

I first met Syed many years ago. He is a pleasant and highly intelligent man. Always appeared to be calm under pressure, Syed is indeed a cool guy. He is also to me one of the best writers in this country. His trademark should be his subtlety in conveying his thoughts. There are few Malaysian writers better than him that I know.

The best quality of him as a journalist, however, as far as I'm concerned, was his total lack of malice in his writings. He is indeed the true gentleman of Malaysian journalism, and perhaps one of the last journalists of the old school.

To Tuan Syed, all the best and may Allah bless you with many happy and prosperous years in future. Thanks for everything.

(Note: All uncalled for comments will be spiked off for this posting.)

8 comments:

  1. All the best to Datuk Syed Nadzri Syed Harun. Agree with you 100% BigCat. He is an honourable man and a fine journalist.

    Thank you for everything Datuk Syed Nadzri. We will miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best to Mr Nice Guy and Cool Guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Memanglah Big Cat sebagai wartawan will miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the best to Datuk Syed Nazri! I had the opportunity to work with him during my stint with NST (albeit me working in the Sales Department). He is a visionary and easy to discuss issues. I wish there are more GE with the same caliber, dedication and commitment.

    Ex NSTP Sales

    ReplyDelete
  5. Office Politics - Dumno is 1Office Politics Malaysia - Anwar Sex, LGE 's wife, son, Theresa's ISA, Bum Dance in front of Ambiga, Cow head in Shah Alam, Free Blue film show by Datuk T.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ALL THE BEST DATUK.

    THE NST WOULD NOT BE IN SUCH A DEPLORABLE STATE IF HE HAD BEEN THE GROUP EDITOR.

    THE NST HAS GOOD GROUP EDITORS IN TAN SRI LEE SIEW YEE AND TAN SRI DR NOORDIN SOPHIEE. AFTER THEM, ARE ARE RUBBISH.

    I HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO WORK IN NST WHEN THEY WERE EDITORS.

    DATUK, YOU ARE DIFFERENT.

    ALL THE BEST.

    HSTEOH

    ReplyDelete
  7. To those whose comment I had to spike off, I am sorry for your wasted effort, but you all had been warned. This posting is my tribute to Syed Nadzri and I can't allowed your negative comments through. I hope you all could give me some leeway here. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your are the only one who calls me Tuan Syed.

    Tuan Syed

    ReplyDelete