Saturday 20 September 2014

Truth Be Told

The email that Annie received and published here about Golongan Melayu Bangsat touched me because I kind of agree with the writer's point of view.

I have heard and read about many of the excesses of this kind of Melayu lately that I share the writer's despair sometimes.

Truth be told, I find it difficult to write about these things, not because of the possibility of my getting in trouble because of it, but because I find it so incredibly sad for my people.

It is difficult to face the truth when the very people whom we put our hopes and trust to protect and preserve our pride and heritage are the very ones destroying them, squandering what little we have to feed their rapacious need for material wealth.

I tend to take the cowardly route of writing about the little things that happen around me rather than touch on this subject of abhorrent betrayal by people in positions of power simply because it is much easier to handle the occasional petty detractors with their shallow snipes at my person than write about a difficult subject that borders on being seditious.

But the matter will not go away, because the rampant plundering is continuing unchecked and people who have been bought are now the ones making all the decisions that exacerbate the corruption that will destroy the very foundation of our political power - the only power we have in this land of our ancestors.

And the people at the helm of our ever declining political power are not doing anything about it, continuing to further destroy our power base in their effort to retain whatever tenuous hold they have on power without considering the generations to come.

The helpless despair is overwhelming whenever I try to tackle the subject, as I have not been able to detach myself enough to be able to write about it without being personal.

I guess all I am left with at the moment is my faith that the Almighty Knows best, and if the people I love were to gradually be reduced to an ignoble community living in pockets of poverty to serve the interest of the powerful elites of various creeds - then maybe there is a reason for it.

For every beginning, there is an end.  Only Allah is eternal.

2 comments:


  1. The Malay should, and must delete their nature, of being tolerance and acceptance even towards their own kinds , ' the bangsat Malay' who have no love of their race and their country except money .
    Malay nationalism are very much lacking these days , and it's becoming a common knowledge, to the extent that it's not only treat the Malay survivable but the nation as well .
    The Malays as well as UMNO has failed to develop the feeling of Nationalism among them ,does showed that UMNO has lost it national taste ,unlike their forefathers who fought for this country independence .
    This cancerous development must not be allowed to prosper ,otherwise that will be the end of everything that had been builds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Have you seen the one who denies the (divine) judgement to come? He that repels the orphan (and the hapless). And does not encourage the feeding of the poor. So woe to those who pray but who are heedless of their prayer! Those who make a show (of their deeds). Yet withhold neighbourly assistance."

    The mutual rivalry for piling up (the good things of this world) diverts you (from the more serious things), until you arrive the graveyard. Nay, you shall soon know, and soon will you know. Nay, if only you knew with certainty, you would surely see the Hellfire! [Quran: ch. 107 & 102]

    ReplyDelete